Are you familiar with this phrase: "where are all the leads?"
If you work in marketing or sales, chances are you've heard it once or twice.
Today we'll go over some options to help you enhance and grow your current database.
Smart targeting is utilizing AI to predict a person's interests based on their internet activity. Smart targeting allows you to display content that is relevant to your audience based on their browsing behavior.
You can set up smart targeting in your CRM software by determining what criteria you want your contacts to meet to get served up your content. Examples of targets can include:
• Device Type (mobile, tablet, desktop)
• Referral Source (Paid Search, Organic Search, Direct Traffic, Social Media, etc.)
• Preferred Language
• Contact List Membership (if you want to target people who have moved up the sales funnel only or those who haven't yet become a qualified lead)
• Lifecycle Stage
If you're competing in a specific market, analyzing your competition can offer insights on how you can change up your marketing tactics to garner more leads.
There are a variety of ways to do this, but the most common steps include:
• Defining who your competition is
• Identifying what they offer that you don't
• Researching their marketing tactics and results
• Noting their content strategy
• Analyzing the level of engagement they receive
• Reviewing their social media presence and go-to platforms
If you put together a comparison of what methods you are currently employing vs. the competition, you may find areas of opportunity.
While purchasing new lists shouldn't be your first stop, it can certainly help when it comes to growing a particular audience.
Depending on what demographics you are planning to target, there are a variety of specialty lists available for purchase/rent. Examples of lists you can purchase include:
• Business Lists
• Occupant Lists
• New Movers
• Niche Market Lists
Pro Tip: If you purchase a list and want to utilize it for direct mail, work with a printer that has a robust data services department to help clean your data.
Now that we've covered a few different prospecting options - how do you feel? Confident? Ready to get started?
If you aren't sure where you should start, reach out for a FREE 1-Hour Database Assessment with one of our marketing professionals. We can help you put together a plan that will spark engagement and garner results.