Marketing trends continue to favor videos over images.
According to Cisco, video will account for 79% of internet traffic by 2020. That leaves only 21% of the internet without videos.
If you haven’t yet, it’s time to include videos in your marketing efforts. Below, we walk through the importance of videos and how you can start incorporating them into your campaigns.
Video marketing is much more eye catching than a static image. For example, with a static image, you only get one frame to fit your entire message into but with video, you can fit multiple messages in one ad.
Video can seem like a daunting and expensive task to try and include in your upcoming strategies. A 5 second animation/GIF is a great place to start. It is cheaper and you’ll be surprised by how much a subtle animation will outperform a static image.
Now that you have a place to start with video, we can provide you with some tips for future use. A/B testing is always a good way to ease into something new. Try testing your video advertising against a static ad to understand what the benefits are through analytics.
Experts are constantly reinforcing the importance of not only including but prioritizing video into your marketing tactics. Whether it’s on social media, in your emails or on your website, it should be included.
A few quick but very impressive facts:
- According to the Content Marketing Institute, adding video to your social media mix means audiences are 10x more likely to engage and share your posts. (Hopefully, engagement is part of your marketing goals.)
- According to Cisco, it’s predicted that video content will be the driving force behind 85% of search traffic in the U.S. by 2019.
- According to Hubspot, 4 times as many customers would rather watch a video about a product than read about it.
An effective tactic to try is making GIF animations for e-mail. When you have an ad that has movement within a space that is mostly populated with static and dull content, an animation will be extremely attention grabbing. According to Brain Shark:
"52% of marketing professionals worldwide name video as the type of content with the best ROI."
You’ll quickly learn the shorter the video the better. As long as your message is being communicated clearly and effectively, there is no need to make your video longer than necessary.
A great example is: bumper ads at the beginning of YouTube videos. The trick is getting to the point within the 5 second time limit. If done right, this can lead to terrific results, especially when using targeting.
In marketing, it’s important to stay on top of the new trends and strategies to help your brand stick out as a top runner but also to succeed in your marketing efforts. Use video to bring your brand's story to life and deliver real results. Watch our demo reel to get ideas of how to use video in your marketing.
Don’t worry, we have even more tips for you and your digital marketing tactics!
Download our FREE Social Media Toolkit for a guide filled with marketing resources.